Favorite Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Joann Goetz of Genoa, Ohio recalls, "My husband and I enjoyed a delicious potato soup at a restaurant while on vacation and I came home determined to duplicate it. It took me 5 years to get the taste right!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour 20 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Bake potatoes at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 469 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC