- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious!! My whole family loved it!!"
"Substituted ham for bacon. Was good that way. Haven't tried it with bacon yet."
"This is the BEST potato soup ever!!!"
"I made this soup to feed the 12 people in our office for lunch one day (doubled the recipe). It very quickly disappeared and I regularly have request to fix it over and over. I add garlic and onion powder for extra flavor."
"Hubby loved it! Will definitely make again:)"