Favorite Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 cups chopped tart apples
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. Place juice in a saucepan; add butter, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Chill. Stir in mayonnaise. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes, poppy seeds and cooked dressing. Fold in the pecans just before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Apple Salad(3)
Sort By :
YES< I cant wait to make this for family gatherings and potlucks. Its delicious, fast and easy to put together. I split the recipe tonight just to "try" it. Now I am excited with a new recipe in my arsenal of great take alongs!
This is my go to recipe when bringing a dish to a potluck. My family loves it and asks for it a lot!
This is a wonderful recipe. Everytime i make it and serve it at gatherings I get many compliments.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Salad >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >