- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"Used a mixture of Granny Smith and Fuji apples--hubby loved it! Apparently I should have tried it before he came home...guess that just means I have to make another one. Great recipe.: very easy to make and (apparently) very tasty!"
"My husband enjoys most apple desserts. This is on his favorites."
"My family loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"This came out great! The topping was nicely chewy, and the apples were perfect. I did increase the sugar to 1/2-cup because we like our crisps to be pretty sweet."