Croissants are a super quick stand-in for cream puffs in this luscious treat. The from-scratch caramel sauce couldn’t be easier to make and it’s irresistible with butter pecan ice cream.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 miniature croissants
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- Place croissants on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until warmed.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook without stirring until mixture turns an amber color and a candy thermometer reads 330°. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream and butter until smooth.
- Split croissants horizontally. Place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom half of each croissant; replace tops. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (save remaining sauce for another use). Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Faux Profiteroles with Warm Caramel Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p101
Reviews for Faux Profiteroles with Warm Caramel Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review