Faux Potato Salad Recipe
Cauliflower in potato salad? You bet, along with carrots, olives and other crunchy surprises. — Mike Schulz, Tawas City, Michigan
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets; cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Add carrot, eggs, green onions, celery, olives, radishes and pickle.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to cauliflower mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Faux Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC