Faux Potato Salad
Cauliflower in potato salad? You bet, along with carrots, olives and other crunchy surprises. — Mike Schulz, Tawas City, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower
- florets; cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse
- in cold water. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Add carrot, eggs,
- green onions, celery, olives, radishes and pickle.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to cauliflower
- mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium,