- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets; cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Add carrot, eggs, green onions, celery, olives, radishes and pickle.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to cauliflower mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Faux Potato Salad
"Loved this! Very fresh and colorful too."
"This is great! I made it several times last year and it was a hit every time. First time I made it I pretty much followed the recipe, however, the next time I added a few more veggies. I used this recipe to add to the list of summer salads that can get repetitive by mid July. I like to change things up from time to time so the taste buds don't get bored."
"I made this for a social event. I found that the women seem to like it more than the men, but overall they liked it. As I try to eat healthy and eat less potatoes, I found I really liked it and it will be a keeper for me."
"This was a great alternative to the starch and higher calories of potato salad. The crunch of the vegetables was great. I might just use Dill Relish next time instead of chopping the pickles. My head of cauliflower was huge, so I had to double up the ingredients. Turned out great and I was for sure make it again!"
"This recipe did not have enough flavor, like my potato salad, for me. Perhaps more mustard or paprika. My wife loved it."