- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets; cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Add carrot, eggs, green onions, celery, olives, radishes and pickle.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to cauliflower mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Faux Potato Salad(4)
Sort By :
I made this for a social event. I found that the women seem to like it more than the men, but overall they liked it. As I try to eat healthy and eat less potatoes, I found I really liked it and it will be a keeper for me.
This was a great alternative to the starch and higher calories of potato salad. The crunch of the vegetables was great. I might just use Dill Relish next time instead of chopping the pickles. My head of cauliflower was huge, so I had to double up the ingredients. Turned out great and I was for sure make it again!
I do not like potato salad. As a diabetic, my husband should not eat potato salad. So this a great recipe for us.
My son, who works in the food industry, said it needs more salt and I agree. The salad needs to be refigerated for several hours for the flavors to blend.
I made some adaptations. I omitted the olives and dill pickle (I don't like them). I cubed and cooked two potatoes, which I added. Just a little bit of carbs.
For additional seasoning I added garlic powder (1 tsp.). For a better flavor I used 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
I will definately make more this summer. Great for diabetics.
This recipe did not have enough flavor, like my potato salad, for me. Perhaps more mustard or paprika. My wife loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Salads >