Fat-Free Tartar Sauce
I usually keep a batch of this tartar sauce on hand to serve with all types of seafood or fish (like my Heavenly Crab Cakes on page 208). You'll be delighted with its excellent flavor!
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 9 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.