Fat-Free Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, onion, pickle relish and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar; mix well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 156 calories, 0.55 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fat-Free Bean Salad
"I've made this recipe so many times I can't begin to count them. It is a hit everywhere I serve it. Cut green beans work just as well if you don't have French-style in the house."
"My husband can't stop nibbling on this bean salad!! I had an open can of red kidney beans and didn't want to through them away. I did a search on the website and found this recipe. I also recently served it at a neighborhood gathering. I have had several requests for the recipe!!"