Ruth Beitelspacher of Aberdeen, South Dakota notes, "I recently made this salad to serve at a turkey barbecue. It was just as big a hit as it was for our son's confirmation dinner some 40 years ago." Her trim treatment of the timeless sweet-and-sour beans doesn't cut down on flavor one bit.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, onion, pickle relish and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar; mix well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fat-Free Bean Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p22
Reviews for Fat-Free Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review