Fast Turkey Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine rice, turkey, celery, grapes, peppers and pimientos; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, mustard, and seasonings; mix well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 203 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Fast Turkey Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.