Being raised on a chicken farm, I know lots of great ways to use this versatile meat. This fruity salad is one of my favorites.—Sylvia Watson, Dagsboro, Delaware
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fast Tropical Mandarin Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review