Fast Sesame Chicken
"My mother passed down the recipe for this tasty stir-fry, which is so quick and easy to make," writes Elizabeth Limestahl of Port Clinton, Ohio. "Served with wild rice and vegetables, it's a wholesome meal in minutes."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained or 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in
- the soy sauce and sesame seeds. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon; set aside and keep warm. In the
- same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until onion is tender.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce and fresh mushrooms) equals 272 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer