Fast Scalloped Potatoes
These potatoes are mildly cheesy, creamy and comfortingjust like Mom used to makeonly less of them! The recipe comes from Edith Jennings of Prairie City, Iowa.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour
- until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese, salt,
- Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is
- Place potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes
- longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 423 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium,