Fast Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
These potatoes are mildly cheesy, creamy and comforting—just like Mom used to make—only less of them! The recipe comes from Edith Jennings of Prairie City, Iowa.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Place potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 423 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC