These potatoes are mildly cheesy, creamy and comforting—just like Mom used to make—only less of them! The recipe comes from Edith Jennings of Prairie City, Iowa.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p10
Reviews for Fast Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review