This fast and simple dish from Darlene Brenden in Salem, Oregon combines the ease of soup with the heartiness of chili. It’s a perfect filler-upper on nippy afternoons and a great last-minute lunch. If you like it spicier, use medium or hot green chilis instead of mild.
- 1 can (16 ounces) spicy fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Refried Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p33
Reviews for Fast Refried Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review