- 1 can (16 ounces) spicy fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Fast Refried Bean Soup
"I made this for my family of 5 on a very tight budget so I had to use what I had in the house already... I used one can of re-fried beans, two cans of Diced Tomatoes (not drained), two cans of Kiddney Beans (not drained) and one can of Black Beans (not drained). I didn't have any canned corn but I had some corn on the cob so I cooked that up and cut the corn off..... I added Chilie Top Raman; one bag for each person, the flavor packets from all the packages was enough seasoning to season the whole pot of soup. I also cooked up some ground Sausage that was in the freezer and added to it.... My family loved it!!!!"
"The corn in this recipe adds a sweetness to the soup. In the 2nd time I made this, I added some sauteed peppers and onions as well as some taco seasoning, and my husband and I both enjoyed it."
"I'm so glad I discovered this recipe.It is so adaptable.I used prepared frozen corn I had on hand instead of canned corn and ranch style beans instead of black beans. I also used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes instead of stewed and omitted the water. Mild bottled green sauce replaced the can of green chiles.I added a teaspoon of taco seasoning and a teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce to balance the flavors. I live in the southwest so the availability of Hispanic foods ins quite varied. Which is why you can adapt this recipe to your individual taste and what you have on hand-Mild or Spicy!!A dollop of sour cream, sliced avacado, and crushed tortillia or corn chips make for a super yummy Southwestern soup!!"
"This was good and so super easy. I also added a can of kidney beans in addition to the can of black beans. My four year old had three helpings! Love that it's so healthy."
"Delicious! Had all the ingredients on hand - went together quick! I too added about a tsp. of Cumin. This one is a keeper!"