This speedy steak recipe comes from my mom's files. It's always been a favorite.—Nicky Hurt, APO, England
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes or until broth is reduced by half.
- Add peppers. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak in Country Woman July/August 2002, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fast Pepper Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2014
"This was just what I was looking for. Quick and easy! The only thing I did different was that I add sweet onion to mine."