My sister-in-law had this soup simmering on her stove to welcome our family to her home in Oklahoma. We quickly gobbled it up and took the recipe when we left. - Beverly Moss, Phoenix, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed minestrone soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, water and tomatoes. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat until heated through. Yield: 8 servings
- (2 quarts).
Stir some cooked pasta or rice into Fast Minestrone. Sprinkle individual servings with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.