Fast Meatball Vegetable Soup Recipe
Marcia Piaskowski of Plantsville,Connecticut shares the recipe for this satisfying soup that uses frozen meatballs. It cooks on the stovetop in half an hour, but Marcia often doubles the recipe and simmers it in the slow cooker for easy preparation.
- 2/3 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup garbonzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta and stir into soup. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 128 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC