- 2/3 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup garbonzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta and stir into soup. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Fast Meatball Vegetable Soup
"I made this in the crockpot. I used frozen meatballs and can carrots. I added the spinach and uncooked pasta about hour before I wanted it serve it. It was wonderful. I will make this again for sure."
"This was a really good use of frozen meatballs that I had leftover. It was surprisingly flavorful and filling."
"This has become my go to meal. I always make sure that I have the ingredients on hand. It is great with biscuits. It is definately a comfort food ranked right up there with chicken noodle soup. Everyone i have fixed this for loves it."
"Could this be made in a crockpot?"