Marcia Piaskowski of Plantsville,Connecticut shares the recipe for this satisfying soup that uses frozen meatballs. It cooks on the stovetop in half an hour, but Marcia often doubles the recipe and simmers it in the slow cooker for easy preparation.
Featured In: 34 Dump Dinners for Your Slow Cooker
- 2/3 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup garbonzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta and stir into soup. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Meatball Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p24
Reviews for Fast Meatball Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 22, 2013
"This was a really good use of frozen meatballs that I had leftover. It was surprisingly flavorful and filling."
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2009
"Could this be made in a crockpot?"