Fast Mashed Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. In a saucepan, saute =onion in butter until tender. Add the milk, potatoes, salt and celery salt if desired and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and skim milk and without salt and celery salt) equals 192 calories, 401 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 28 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 skim milk, 1 fat, 1 starch.