Fast Marinated Tomatoes Recipe
A dash of cinnamon gives these tasty tomatoes from our home economists traditional Greek flavor. It's a super summer salad.
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Red leaf lettuce
- 8 pitted kalmata olives or ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange tomatoes on a lettuce-lined serving plate. Sprinkle with olives. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, onion, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Drizzle over tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 61 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Fast Marinated Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC