Fast Marinated Salad Recipe
This chilled pasta salad is pleasing to the eye and the palate. Susan Branch likes to serve it when sweet corn, tomatoes and zucchini are in season around her Kalamazoo, Michigan home. Her make-ahead favorite is lightly dressed with tarragon vinegar, olive oil and dill week.
- 3-1/4 cups fresh whole kernel corn, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rigatoni or cooked large tube pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, rigatoni, zucchini and olives.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, dill, salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 7 servings, 1 cup per serving.
1 cup: 166 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fast Marinated Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC