Fast Mandarin Almond Salad
I made this salad for a luncheon with friends, and it was a hit! By chance, I happened to have an 8-lb. box of mandarin oranges that needed to be used.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 4 mandarin oranges, sectioned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low. Cook and
- stir until almonds are glazed. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients; set aside. Just before
- serving, toss the lettuce, onion and oranges with the dressing and
- almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 321 mg sodium,