- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 4 mandarin oranges, sectioned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the almonds and sugar over low. Cook and stir until almonds are glazed. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients; set aside. Just before serving, toss the lettuce, onion and oranges with the dressing and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Almond Salad in Country Extra July 1991, p47
Reviews for Fast Mandarin Almond Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2012
"Very good! I would put the almonds on wax paper to cool."