Fast Macaroni Salad Recipe
Frankiee Bush from Freedom, Indiana shares the recipe for this refreshing and creamy pasta salad. Chopped veggies give it crunch, and cherry tomatoes add vibrant color.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the macaroni and vegetables.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC