Fast Luscious Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature. Fold in sour cream and whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 490 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fast Luscious Lemon Pie
"This pie lives up to its name: luscious! My mother first spotted this recipe in TOH over 10 years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since. Her spin: Instead of using a regular pie shell, she made a hard meringue shell using the egg whites that are left over from the recipe. Try it!"
"This is our very favorite pie. I make it every year for Thanksgiving at least. Usually I make 2 pies so that we will have plenty left over to enjoy for a few days. I make it just as the recipe states but I have learned that whipping the cream quite stiff helps the pie set up better."
"I'm not a lemon fan, but this was out of this world! I made this for my shop and everyone loved it! It's now my dad's favorite pie! It seems weird, but it works out in the end and yum, yum!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.