Fast Luscious Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature. Fold in sour cream and whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 490 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fast Luscious Lemon Pie
"I'm not a lemon fan, but this was out of this world! I made this for my shop and everyone loved it! It's now my dad's favorite pie! It seems weird, but it works out in the end and yum, yum!"