This rich-tasting pie has been served at the Country Table for nearly 20 years. We sell out every time it's on the menu. Customers comment that it's not too tart and not too sweet—just perfect!—Barbara Hoffner, New Holland, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature. Fold in sour cream and whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Luscious Lemon Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fast Luscious Lemon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review