- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature. Fold in sour cream and whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fast Luscious Lemon Pie
Sort By :
"This pie lives up to its name: luscious! My mother first spotted this recipe in TOH over 10 years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since. Her spin: Instead of using a regular pie shell, she made a hard meringue shell using the egg whites that are left over from the recipe. Try it!"
"This is our very favorite pie. I make it every year for Thanksgiving at least. Usually I make 2 pies so that we will have plenty left over to enjoy for a few days. I make it just as the recipe states but I have learned that whipping the cream quite stiff helps the pie set up better."
"I'm not a lemon fan, but this was out of this world! I made this for my shop and everyone loved it! It's now my dad's favorite pie! It seems weird, but it works out in the end and yum, yum!"