Fast Lemony Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring twice; drain.
- 2. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, peel, salt and lemon-pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.