Fast Lemony Brussels Sprouts
"The tangy lemon glaze and toasted almonds make this easy vegetable dish popular at my table," explains Trisha Kruse from her kitchen in Boise, Idaho. "It even pleases those who say they don't care for brussels sprouts."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Place brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and
- cook on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring twice; drain.
- Stir in the butter, lemon juice, peel, salt and lemon-pepper.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.