Fast Lemon Green Beans
Good-for-you Lemon Green Beans dress up any entree with their vibrant color. “They're so simple. Just microwave them, throw in your seasoning and "poof" it's done. I've also made this on the stovetop with canned beans, too." Terri Wetzel - Roseburg, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the beans, water and onion in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 40 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.