Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice
"With our busy ranch life, we often need to put meals on the table in a hurry," writes Kat Thompson of Prineville, Oregon. "This lemon-flavored chicken dish always fits the bill."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- In a skillet, cook the first four ingredients in butter. Combine
- cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth; add
- to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and
- let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.