Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a skillet, cook the first four ingredients in butter. Combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.