- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- In a skillet, cook the first four ingredients in butter. Combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
"I really enjoy making this dish because it's fast and delicious. I make a few minor modifications -- i double the lemon juice, add some dried basil, and I cook jasmine rice and just add it at the end. My teenage sons love this dish as well!"
"This is a tasty easy dish. I didn't have any peas so I used frozen corn. Next time I am going try Instant Brown Rice. I passing the recipe on to my Granddaughter who is getting married in May."