- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- In a skillet, cook the first four ingredients in butter. Combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fast Lemon Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
This is a tasty easy dish. I didn't have any peas so I used frozen corn. Next time I am going try Instant Brown Rice. I passing the recipe on to my Granddaughter who is getting married in May.