Fast Layered Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 to 5 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound fresh pea pods, halved
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley sprigs, optional
- 1. Place lettuce in bottom of a 4-quart glass salad bowl. Layer with cucumber, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions, pea pods and chicken. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, curry and ginger. Spread over top of salad. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley if desired. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 476 calories, 40 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.