Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 to 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium unpeeled Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute the coleslaw mix, carrots, onion, celery and caraway seeds in butter for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was pretty good. We took someone's advice and left out the caraway seeds and we were happy with it. The apples added an interesting twist, but that was a deal-breaker for my 21 year old son--he just ate the sausage. The rest of the family liked it. My daughter and I both liked the thought of trading the apples for potatoes! That sounds really good to us!"
"I've had this recipe for years. I tried it, and it quickly became an autumn favorite for my family. The apples really add a unique kick."
"This soup grows on you, my husband & I agreed, you're not too sure after the first couple bites, but after, you go back for another helping. I did not add the seeds, as I have to stay away from them, but it was good."
"Having never used caraway seeds in the past, a quick taste would reveal a black licorice flavor. Though I love black licorice, it's not something I would generally associate with soup. In addition, my poor son thought the apples were pineapple floating in the soup and was even more disgusted to discover the truth. "Apples in soup?!?" Needless to say, supper was a FLOP and we each fended for ourself in finding an alternative meal replacement. Funnier still... this was a third prize winner. To each their own, though I can guarantee this recipe will NEVER see the light of day again in our household. YEEEECHHH!!!!"
"I will most definitely make this to take to our homemakers meeting next week. If they ask me where I got the recipe who and where do I say I got it from. What is the name of your club? We are in Kenai, Ak. and the name of our club is Redoubt Homemakers. My name is Karen and I have been a member for 33 years. I will try moose sausage with it. Yum!