Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
This easy, quick-to-fix recipe has long been a staple at my house because it tastes so good.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until
- crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the
- cabbage, broth, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and cook 10-12
- minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-1/2 cup serving (prepared with 1 teaspoon butter, turkey sausage, reduced sodium chicken broth and without salt) equals 269 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,201 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a