Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the cabbage, broth, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 269 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1201mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
"We have enjoyed this recipe several times and I Just had to write a 5 star review. It is so tasty, easy and healthy. I don't always add the green pepper, but I do add cider vinegar and/or red wine vinegar as part of the liquid. It adds another layer of wonderful flavor. We use turkey sausage and garlic salt instead of plain salt."
"I'm not a great lover of kielbasa however I loved this recipe! The cabbage helped soften the salty flavor. This is a keeper."
"very good added garlic"
"quick, easy and delicious. 20 minutes with the skillet. We ate it with mashed potatoes and carrots and it was perfect. I thought it would be blander (and I think some might like to add more spice of something I guess), but the flavors of the kielbasa and chicken broth saute nicely with the cabbage and salt and pepper. You really don't need much more."
"This is DELICIOUS! I had to use Napa cabbage and it was wonderful. I was looking for a diabetic friendly recipe and was plesantly surprised at how flavorful it is."
"Awesome flavors and LOW CALORIE if you use chicken sausage."
"I made this recipe in no time flat. healthy and good."
"I made this recipe in no time flat. healthy and tastey."
"Fast and easy. Very good."
"I was just looking for something different and simple to make for dinner. We were very pleased with this dish and I will definitely make it again!"