- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the cabbage, broth, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
"I'm not a great lover of kielbasa however I loved this recipe! The cabbage helped soften the salty flavor. This is a keeper."
"very good added garlic"
"Excellent and easy. I used more cabbage (we really like cabbage) and poured some home made Habenero/Jalepeno salsa over , stirred and lapped it up .Certainly a KEEPER. I forgot to say I used Smoked Turkey Sausage to cut fat"
"Quick, easy and delicious. 20 minutes with the skillet. We ate it with mashed potatoes and carrots and it was perfect. I thought it would be blander (and I think some might like to add more spice of something I guess), but the flavors of the kielbasa and chicken broth saute nicely with the cabbage and salt and pepper. You really don't need much more."
"Quick and easy!"