- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the cabbage, broth, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fast Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet
Sort By :
"Quick, easy and delicious. 20 minutes with the skillet. We ate it with mashed potatoes and carrots and it was perfect. I thought it would be blander (and I think some might like to add more spice of something I guess), but the flavors of the kielbasa and chicken broth saute nicely with the cabbage and salt and pepper. You really don't need much more."
"Quick and easy!"
"This is DELICIOUS! I had to use Napa cabbage and it was wonderful. I was looking for a diabetic friendly recipe and was plesantly surprised at how flavorful it is."
"Awesome flavors and LOW CALORIE if you use chicken sausage."
"I made this recipe in no time flat. healthy and good."