Fast Jiffy Jambalaya Recipe
Smoked sausage gives this Cajun-style supper wonderful flavor. For those who like their foods a little spicier, add some more cayenne pepper.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaf, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 482 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,429 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC