Smoked sausage gives this Cajun-style supper wonderful flavor. For those who like their foods a little spicier, add some more cayenne pepper.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaf, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jiffy Jambalaya in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p1
Reviews for Fast Jiffy Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review