Fast Italian Vegetable Skillet
This colorful blend of sauteed vegetables is as pretty as it is tasty. “The recipe was given to me by a dear friend, and it’s become a family favorite. It’s a quick summer side from our garden,” notes Sue Spencer from Coarsegold, California.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2
- minutes. Add zucchini; saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the corn, tomato, basil, salt and Italian seasoning; cook and
- stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch,