This colorful blend of sauteed vegetables is as pretty as it is tasty. “The recipe was given to me by a dear friend, and it’s become a family favorite. It’s a quick summer side from our garden,” notes Sue Spencer from Coarsegold, California.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini; saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the corn, tomato, basil, salt and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Veggie Skillet in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p36
Reviews for Fast Italian Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"Great flavor! I made half the recipe with one zucchini and that was plenty. It takes a little while to prepare, but well worth it."
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2010
"This is a great tasting recipe which uses many garden vegetables. Also works with yellow summer squash."