Olive lovers are sure to rejoice over this stacked sandwich! Stuffed and ripe olives are marinated in white wine vinegar and garlic before using them to flavor these speedy salami, ham and provolone subs.—Delores Christner, Spooner, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound, 20 inches) French bread, unsliced
- 24 thin slices hard salami
- 24 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices fully cooked ham
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley and garlic. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Spread olive mixture on the bottom of the bread. Top with salami, cheese and ham; add lettuce if desired. Replace top. Cut into 2-in. slices. Insert a toothpick in each slice. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Subs in The New Appetizer 2007, p91
Reviews for Fast Italian Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review