I received this recipe from the parents of one of the preschoolers where I teach. They're pork producers. This works well as a quick lunch or pre-game meal.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each), cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 hard rolls or other small sandwich rolls
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, cook the strips over medium heat until no longer pink; set aside. Meanwhile, place open sandwich buns on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with pork strips, cheese and onions. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is lightly toasted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork Hoagies in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Fast Italian Pork Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review