Fast Italian Grilled Cheese
Provolone cheese, tomato slices and basil leaves make up the satisfying filling for these flame-broiled sandwiches. Lightly brushed with Italian salad dressing, they're sure to become family favorites. —Melody Biddinger
Costa Mesa, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- Layer the basil, tomato and cheese on two slices of bread. Top with
- remaining bread. Brush outsides of sandwiches with salad dressing.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.