Fast Impossible Garden Pie
This pie featuring a popular biscuit/baking mix makes a nice lunch or dinner. I serve if with a tossed or fruit salad and dessert.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a well-greased 5-1/2-in. pie plate, combine the broccoli, onion
- and red pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, combine the egg,
- milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper just until combined; pour over
- cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, egg substitute, fat-free milk and reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix) equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium,