Fast Impossible Garden Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a well-greased 5-1/2-in. pie plate, combine the broccoli, onion and red pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper just until combined; pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 162 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.