Fast Fudgy Brownies
The addition of baking soda and chocolate chips makes these brownies doubly delicious.Mary Sprick, New Haven, Missouri
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries or nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs and vanilla on medium speed for 1
- minute. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to
- egg mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut
- into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.