The addition of baking soda and chocolate chips makes these brownies doubly delicious.—Mary Sprick, New Haven, Missouri
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries or nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Fast Fudgy Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2000, p35
Reviews for Fast Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review